Have you ever been advised to go to be naked to improve your sleep? This may sound strange for most people, right?
To appreciate what benefits and why you should sleep naked, you first have to know some information about the relationship between the nakedness and your sleep health.
You should talk to your family about your privacy.
- Should I Sleep Naked?
- Benefits of Sleeping Naked
- How to sleep naked to maximize the benefits
Should I Sleep Naked?
It is simple really, when your clothes are off, you stay cooler. Well, that is really what slumbering naked, is all about. According to some being cooler in bed helps you fall asleep easily and at the same time helps you stay napping during the course of the night.
This is not just a comfortable feeling; having a cool body while sleeping has much to do with neural activity. Scientifically, the warmer skin has been associated with increased brain activity in parts of the brain that regulate Sleep cycles.
The warmer your body is the more disturbed your nap will be. A good number of studies have found that a reasonable cooling of the skin can help you sleep more deeply and prevents you from waking up at night.
Benefits of Sleeping Naked
Improved sleep quality
Clothing plays a big role in increasing the core temperature of your body. Therefore, you can significantly reduce the core temperature by removing all your clothes when retiring to bed. This will help you nap faster.
As earlier mentioned, warmer skin increases neural activity, thus interfering with your sleep pattern. Nudity keeps your core temperature at a minimum as well as your brain activity. Generally, this helps you develop a healthy sleep cycle.
Less vulnerability to infections
Most bacteria prey on warmer skin for their survival and reproduction. However, when you decrease your core temperature by removing your clothes, you deprive the bacteria of the warmth they require for survival.
As a result, your skin will stay bacteria free and you will remain healthier and comfortable in your own bed. Most mattresses come with antimicrobial and antibacterial covers, which help you, fight any microorganisms.
Keeps your manhood intact
If you are a man and have been going to bed with your boxer on, then you are subjecting your private parts to unnecessary heat and stress. The feeling is never great, because the boxer will tend to increase the temperature of the skin down there.
Going to bed without clothes ensures that there is no stress imposed on your private parts. Also, there will be sufficient airflow. This provides a favorable environment, which will keep your manhood in check and sperm count high.
Helps you stay free of yeast infections
Largely, nudity during sleep allows women’s skin to breathe properly, especially their private parts. This is a very important aspect for women, especially the ones who are susceptible to yeast infections.
This is so, since yeast has a tendency to thriving in warm and moist areas. Keeping your private area free from constricting clothes, and allowing improved breathability can decrease undesirable bacterial growth, thus helping prevent yeast infections.
There is no better way of improving your chemistry with your partner than sleeping naked. The skin to skin contact, especially with someone you love, such as your husband or wife, is a powerful form of mind-body therapy.
Touching and cuddling lead to the secretion of oxytocin which is a hormone that regulates social interaction. This helps to lower cortisol levels; therefore, boosting the immune system. Sleeping naked as a couple, also helps lower heart rate and blood pressure.
Basically, a naked body is in so many ways more exciting than fully dressed, since nudity offers visual excitement while leaving enough room for fantasy. Nakedness increases arousal level and also room to fantasize upon reality.
Sufficient bedtime and less aging
Nakedness during sleep helps you achieve your desired amount of rest and the extent to which you can sleep. If you go to bed naked, you are more likely to reach deeper sleep and stay in the deeper phase for longer than when the clothes are on.
Melatonin and growth hormones are the two most essential anti-aging hormones in the body. Increased core temperature because of wearing clothes during sleep can limit the production of these hormones.
How to sleep naked to maximize the benefits
Part 1: Making the transformation
Start by wearing underclothes while sleeping.
- Are you used to sleeping in a full set of pajamas? Even if you usually wear a T-shirt when sleeping, you still need one or two nights in order to get accustomed to sleeping completely naked. A sudden change from wearing clothes to sleep naked can affect your sleep for the first time. You can wear underwear ( no bra) at first to see how it feels.
- Wearing only underwear when sleeping brings you some benefits of sleeping naked. More of your skin will be contacted to the air and this circulation helps you have clearer skin.
- However, having underwear still makes your body depend on the fabric to regulate heat. The parts of your body are covered by underwear won’t receive healthy air, so you should try to sleep naked.
Wearing clear material while sleeping.
Sleeping naked is healthy because it allows your skin to be free of constrictive clothing for a good seven to eight hours. Choose fabrics made from natural materials, preferably cotton, so that the air in your bedroom can circulate through to your body.
- Polyester and other synthetic fabrics are not good for the skin. These materials may keep the temperature or block the air, negating the positive effects of sleeping naked.
- If you really care about having the healthiest night’s sleep possible, you should choose sheets made from organic fibers. That way your naked skin won’t be exposed to any chemicals.
Adjust your sheets and blankets by the season.
Many people complain that it’s too cold to sleep naked during the winter. This can easily be remedied by using the proper bedclothes for the season. If you use the comforter, your body will be adjusted according to the environment and you will feel comfortable and warm without wearing pajamas. A thin sheet and cotton blanket are what you need in the summer to maintain comfort.
- You should prepare a lots quilt or thin cotton blankets in your bedroom. That way you can add or subtract layers depending on your needs.
- Using a sheet all year is helpful. You can cut down your blanket if you need and still have a sheet to keep you from feeling completely exposed.
Consider bath before going to bed.
Sleeping naked will be more comfortable if you bathe just before bed. Your skin will feel fresh and clean, and your sheets too. Taking a warm bath before bed will have a good sleep.
Prepare bathrobe next to your bed.
In the morning, you can use bathrobe to cover your body immediately so you won’t be cold on your way to the bathroom. It’s also good to have a bathrobe nearby in case of an emergency. You’ll feel safer when knowing your robe is beside you. You can wear if you have to quickly leave your bed in the night.
Part 2: Maximizing the benefits
Consider whether your partner wants to sleep naked.
- Skin to skin contact throughout the night causes the body to release oxytocin, a hormone that makes you feel good and helps to alleviate stress and depression. It even reduces blood pressure. Take full advantage of the benefits of sleeping naked by having your partner do it with you.
- The feeling your partner’s bare skin next to yours can lead to more frequent sex. In this way, sleeping naked can increase intimacy with your partner and strengthen your relationship.
- To make sure that both of you stay comfortable, you should prepare one or two blankets in the bed. That way each partner can use according to his or her preference.
Adjust the temperature at 21 degrees C or lower.
Humans sleep more deeply in cooler temperatures. When your body overheats, may be due to cramped clothing, you can’t deep sleep to maintain your health. No matter what the season, keep the temperature in your bedroom low and sleep naked in order to your body can self-regulate its temperature. If you feel chilly in the night, just use an extra blanket instead of wearing cramped clothes.
- Sleeping in cooler temperatures also helps your body regulate melatonin and growth hormone. If you don’t get the deep rest that comes with sleeping in a cool space, your body doesn’t get the chance to properly produce these hormones, which are essential to repairing your cells.
- Sleeping more deeply will also regulate your body’s production of cortisol, a hormone produced when the body experiences stress that leads to weight gain and other health problems. Allow your body to rest completely will prevent it from getting flooded with damaging cortisol.
Restrict light in the bedroom.
- When you’re already getting the benefits of sleeping naked in a cool room. Turn off your nightlights and electronics so you can sleep in a pitch-black room. Sleeping in total darkness allows your brain to be fully at rest, contributing to a great night’s sleep.
- Avoid checking your phone or laptop right before you close your eyes. The light from these devices can prevent you from sleeping well.
- If light from the street keeps your room from being pitch-black, you should prepare curtains for a better night’s sleep.
Allow air to circulate on your body.
Cool, dry air improves your body’s circulation. It also provides the right conditions for improving the health of sex organs for both men and women. For men, keeping the genitals at a cooler temperature helps with sexual function and keeps sperm healthy. For women, allowing cool, dry air to circulate can help prevent yeast infections
Part 3: Creating a comfortable routine
Notice everything before going to bed.
- If you live in a house with other people, you want to avoid awkward moments. Make sure that the kids are taken care and ready to sleep before you perform your own nightly routine and get undressed. This helps to prevent children from entering the room while you’re naked.
- If you’re particularly worried, don’t get undressed until the moment before you go into bed. Brush your teeth and turn off the light while you’re still clothed.
- Don’t forget to keep a robe right next to your bed in some case.
Lock the door if you feel it’s safe.
You can lock or lightly bar the door so no one can walk right in. If you’re living in a house with other adults, you should get a lock installed so you’ll feel more comfortable being naked in your bedroom. If you have little kids and locking the door isn’t feasible, try placing a thick towel under the door or putting a chair. That way you’ll get at least a few moments’ warning before your child enter.
Set the alarm to wake up early.
That way you can get up early and clothed before the kids come knocking at your door. If you need more sleep, but you know other people in the house will be waking soon, you can put on a nightshirt and get back into bed to spend the last few moments of your morning sleeping clothing.
Talk to your kids about privacy.
- You may want to have a conversation with your kids to tell them that your bedroom is your private space between certain hours. Ask them to get into the habit of knocking and waiting for your reply before they come inside. That will give you time to put on your robe before they see you naked.
- Maybe your children will try to see and don’t worry, that’s OK. It’s perfectly normal to sleep naked, and the fact that you do is not something you need to hide from your children.
- Letting them know that you and your partner sleep naked, and all of them have to have privacy before they put their clothes on, is a fine way to handle the situation and hopefully prevent awkward situations.
Useful tips for sleeping naked:
- Take showers before bed to keep sheets clean. Besides, you must wash sheets frequently to feel fresh.
- If your living situation is not conducive to sleeping naked, you should sleep in your underwear.
- Put a sign on your door asking for people to knock first.
- Consider sleeping in a sleeping bag. In this way you will stay warm, if someone walks in they won’t be able to tell if you are naked and you can keep clothes at the bottom of it.
- If someone comes in and see you are naked, then just simply tell them that they need to go back to bed or just face the fact that they saw you nude and act like it never happened.
- Keep your clothes inside the covers next to you, in case you cannot ensure total privacy.
- You should keep a pair of underwear next to you can wear when you hear someone coming to your room.
- If you frequently sleepwalk or are on medication that may cause sleepwalking, you may not want to attempt sleeping naked.
Read more: How to wake up early in the morning?